Episode - Choose Your Story review
The description of Episode - Choose Your Story
Episode is an intriguing combination of a visual novel and teenage life simulator, which lets you explore the depth of drama, unshared love, romantic relationship, backstabbing and more. With Episode, designed for mobile platforms (including Android), you can forge your own love drama.
Episode features a tremendous number of playable scenarios: some were written by the studio and other by the fan community. The most popular ones are:
- I married a prince. You, as a daughter of a very noble and old family, were promised to the heir to the throne as his future wife. Will the love spark between you and him?
- Bad Boy's Girl. Your character has had a crush on Jay for years now. But all of a sudden his half-brother returns from another city and joins your class. What twist will the story take from this point?
- Started with a lie. Falling in love and investigating a murder mystery bizarrely intertwine, while media follows you wherever you go.
- It started with a Bra. Well, it'd better be explored personally.
In Episode game you're given full freedom of customizing appearances of both your avatar and your crush. Skin color & complexion, hairstyle, clothing items, build & physique, facial features - design the love interest of your dream!
As soon as the character tweaking is complete, you can get straight into the action and live through every scenario you like. Practice trash-talking, compete over your crush's attention, make friends and reveal the true colors of those who betrayed you... Every decision in Episode will affect the outcome of the whole story one way or another. So you can replay them until all the endings possible have been unlocked.
Besides you can be an author/director in this game as well. Concoct a plot, create characters with unique personalities. Throw in this cocktail a strange plot with a few unexpected twists. And of course don't miss the X-factor, which will make this wild mixture explode - romance.
Whenever your scenario is complete and polished, you can share it online with the fan community: around 100 million people enjoy Episode's stories.
Episode is technically a collection of interactive graphic novels. And its 2D art style is very decent and lovely. It has a tinge of gloss and glamour, which are so important in the drama/love adventures, featuring teenagers. Cutscenes and dialogues are quite smooth and don't really stutter and overall Episode looks and feels very solid.
The game doesn't require too many frequent gestures from you. Just choose a phrase you want your character to say, do swiping/tapping whenever trying a new outfit/hairstyle out and you'll be good. Other than that you're not involved directly in the game's action.
Was this review helpful?
- New chapters of The Royal Baby, Chain Reaction: Lost, The Enchantress, and Betting on the Boy!
- Bug fixes for several small issues